Friday, October 12, 2012

Yosemite Day 3 - Tioga Rd


Today I decided to drive the Tioga Road (the one I started to go on a couple of days before)  There was no gas along the way, so I stopped at the only station in the park to make sure I had enough.  It was 5.59 a gallon!  I got $50 worth so I wouldn’t have to worry about it for the day.  
 


 
The clouds never lifted from the night before,  so I drove through clouds and fog for the day.  I never could see the view of Half Dome from this angle, but it was still a nice drive through the high country of Yosemite.   Towards the East gate,  it was about 10,000 ft elevation. It had snowed the day before and was very pretty.  I drove the rest of the way back,  still without any views and decided to go to Hetch Hetchy to photograph sunset over the lake and the valley.  I made dinner and had some ice cream.  Even though the weather wasn’t that good,  it still was an incredible way to spend the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment