Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 10 - Texas Rangers game in Seattle

We broke camp and headed towards the Seattle.  Going over the mountains we hit SNOW,  in May,  we were only at about 3000 feet.   It mainly just hit the windshield and did not slow us down much.  We arrived in Seattle and the Toyota dealership was in downtown with very little space to park.  They took one look at the camper and asked if we could take it off the truck for service.  We had a hard time finding a place where we could take it off and finally parked right next to the office.  It was not level at all.  We finally got the camper off the truck and they took us over to the Seattle Mariner/ Texas Ranger baseball game.

The Safeco ballpark is really nice,  It was built in 1999 and has a retractable roof (a must for Seattle with all the rain).  The forecast was for 80% rain all day.  When we got there, the roof was closed.  We were a couple hours early so we walked around the stadium a bit.  We went back to get food before sitting down (the tickets included an $8 food voucher which will basically get you a hot dog, or for .50 more a beer…)  When we went to our seats, the roof was open.

Our seats were incredible and were $55 each (I got the tickets on Stubhub).  We had row 1 of section 226.   These seats are on the first deck level right next to the pressbox and were part of the Diamond club level.  We were looking right down the 3rd base line from home plate.   I got very good pictures of the Rangers as they were batting and hope to post pics soon.  Liddi from the Mariners got a grand slam home run, so that was the real difference in the game.  The final was 5-3 with the Rangers loosing.  Even though they lost, it was a great day at the ballpark, and we got to see the Rangers play in Seattle.
The game was over at about 3:30 so we called for Toyota to pick us up at the game.  We got back to the dealership and they had not even started on the truck.  We were really hoping to catch the ferry and hoped it was done.  Finally we got out of there about 6:30 (it took us a while to get the camper back on the truck because of the hilly parking lot… ) so we were on our way to catch the ferry.   I did not get very good gas mileage as we rushed for the 8:25 ferry (after we got out of Seattle rush hour traffic )  We didn’t think we would make the ferry,  but we pulled in at 8:23 with 2 minutes to go and they let us on.  We were the last vehicle to board!  So we made it to the San Juan Islands a day ahead of time.  Trey starts work on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment