Sunday, September 23, 2012

Crater Lake Day 2


I got up this morning and went to the same point on the west side as I did for sunset last night.  I was able to back up the camper and have an amazing view.  I got some sunrise pictures and decided to stay here for a while and just watch the lake change as the sun rose through the day.  I got some breakfast (and even took a shower),  caught up on some blogging and picture downloads, all with a view, out of the wind, with heat.   
 
 
I ended up staying at that one spot for over 8 hours.  I had lunch here too.  Here is a shot of the view while I was nice and warm in my camper!  The wind was so really blowing, and it just didn’t seem like a good day to go hiking or exploring. (but what a view!) It was interesting to watch all the people come and go,  most freezing, and only stay for short periods of time, not sure if any of them even had a clue that I was inside.  One guy even walked all the way around it twice checking it out (I looked out the front and he was in a truck camper too)



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I decided to go hike around the Pinnacles.  They are volcanic spires where volcanic gasses rose up through a layer of volcanic ash cementing the ash into solid rock.  Also called “fossil fumaroles”… any way they were interesting and it was a nice hike in the sun and out of the wind.

At this point, it was getting late, and the sunset did not look like anything spectacular, so I went to find a campsite down at Mazama Village to camp for the night.  I’ll be up for sunrise on the east side tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment